The key advantages of using ruby ball tips in these applications include:
- Hardness: Synthetic ruby is extremely hard, which means it resists wear and maintains its shape and smoothness over time. This is crucial for achieving precise and consistent measurements.
- Smoothness: The surface of synthetic ruby is exceptionally smooth, minimizing friction and ensuring that the contact point remains stable during measurements or control operations.
- Wear Resistance: Ruby is highly resistant to wear and abrasion, making it a durable choice for continuous use in applications where the tip may come into contact with various materials.
- Chemical Inertness: Ruby is chemically inert, meaning it is not affected by most chemicals. This makes it suitable for use in diverse environments.
- Non-Magnetic: Synthetic ruby is non-magnetic, which is advantageous in applications where magnetic interference can be a concern.
The use of ruby ball tips in instruments and measurement devices contributes to the accuracy and reliability of various industrial processes and quality control procedures.
For more about product informations, please visit Saphire tube, Ruby bearing and Sapphire windows.